Skip to main content
Division of Natural Areas
- Protect, properly manage, and maintain the University's natural areas.
- Make the natural areas available as outdoor facilities to University groups, school groups, and the general public for environmental research and education.
- Provide professional expertise on natural resources and environmental issues.
- Promote environmental education through teacher professional development and outreach services to formal and non-formal education audiences.
- Facilitate and promote field research (including biological inventories, biological, and environmental monitoring) in the University natural areas and across the region
The Division of Natural Areas manages:
In addition the Division of Natural Areas protects and manages three natural areas:
University classes and organizations, community groups and the general public are welcome to use the natural areas for a variety of purposes, depending on the site.
These uses may include:
- Wildlife viewing
- Nature photography