Maywoods' Education Activity Kits
Maywoods has a variety of activity kits for teachers and other environmental/outdoor education leaders to use with their groups during their visit to Maywoods. Each kit's topic is designed to enhance outdoor learning. The topics are:
- Maywoods' ecosystems: field, forest, and stream
- Exploring the environment using GPS technology
- Observing Maywoods' wildlife by remote cameras
The lessons in each kit are developed for grades 4-9, but can easily be adapted to meet the needs of any age group. In addition, the lessons meet state and national standards.
Each activity kit contains:
- Lesson plans
- A student journal
- Most of the equipment to be used with the lessons.
- Each lesson lists materials and equipment with a notation of where it is located; either at Maywoods or special arrangements with the Division of Natural Areas.
- All lessons and journals are pdf formatted and downloadable.
For complete list of kits and contents: Education Activity Kits
For further information on programming, support or equipment, contact: